- Visit 3DataX websites (e.g. www.waltzingatoms.com);
- Choose to interact with the community on the Services;
- Use the forum (“Forum”);
- License, download and use apps for Android, iOS and Windows devices (“Apps”);
- License and use the Waltzing Atoms Lab (“Lab”);
We receive information about Users, their devices, locations and interactions with the Service primarily in two ways:
- Actively: When Users actively provide us with information. For example, when a User creates an account with 3DataX, he or she will type in a name, user name and email address or other information.
- Passively: When our systems automatically collect information about the user’s performance in the Apps. This information is currently not stored permanently on our servers and only forwarded to the educators Lab for his/her benefit.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT OR RECEIVE (DEPENDING ON WHICH PRODUCT OR SERVICE IS USED)
Information that you or others actively provide, including:
- Profile photo
- Email address
- Physical or mailing address
- Phone number
- Password(s) that Users create to access parts of the Service
- Billing or financial account information and tax or government IDs:
- When Users provide payment (e.g. credit card) information to make a purchase, that information is sent to payment processors who assist 3DataX. 3DataX payment systems are not designed to store credit card numbers.
- Social network information: When you log in to our Services with a social network account, you may have the option of sharing information such as the name you use on that network and your friends list or other information that the third party social network chooses to share with 3DataX.
- Users may provide us with information when they participate in community and forum pages on the Services.
- Location information: Users can actively provide specific location information in certain account registration processes or when providing payment information, such as a billing address.
Information that is passively collected by 3DataX (often automatically), including:
- Educational exercise performance: we track the time and exercise data of Users solving exercises in the Apps.
- Device Information: including various unique identifiers.
- Log information: When you access our Service or products that use an aspect of our Service, we may log a variety of technical information (“Log Info”), including: Device information, including device name and IDs, hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information; Browser information; Cookie information; Date/time of access; Requested page(s); Referring page(s).
- User device information: Unique device identifier generated from the device MAC/IMEI/MEID; IP address; Device manufacturer and model; Operating system; Browser type; Language; Current screen resolution; checksum of all the data that gets sent to verify that it did transmit correctly;
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
We primarily use the information we collect to provide, administer, operate and improve our Services. We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To create, administer and troubleshoot accounts, Services we provide;
- To credit or accept payments;
- To provide technical support and respond to inquiries;
- To prevent fraud, enforce the relevant terms of service or licenses, and protect Users;
- To enable user-to-user communications;
- To link to or combine with other information we have gathered;
- To inform Users of new products and services, including promotional offers; and
- To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you.
4. SHARING INFORMATION
How we might share the information we collect or receive
- Third party service providers: We provide User information to other companies who perform services on 3DataX behalf. For example, we may employ service providers to process payments; host or store our data; deliver email messages or analyze data.
- Safety, security, and legal compliance: We may share your information
when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, if we receive a court order, search warrant, subpoena, or similar legal process);
to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations;
if we believe that the Service is being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
when we have a good faith belief that there is a meaningful risk that poses a threat to the safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
in order to protect the rights or property of 3DataX, including to enforce the terms and licenses that govern the use of the Services.
- Sale or merger: In the event that 3DataX expiriences or undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, transfer of control, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may share or transfer all of your information, including personal information.
- Educators have access to educational performance data of the Users that actively chose to join their digital classroom.
How your actions can result in sharing with others
Sharing can happen within our Services and outside it when you take certain actions:
- When you use the Forum, your username, profile photo, cover photo will all be public, which means that anyone can see that information and share it. Also any replay or video, including those that you narrate with audio or face-cam, that is marked as public.
5. OUR POLICIES CONCERNING CHILDREN
The Services are intended for general audiences and 3DataX does not knowingly collect any personal information from children, except as expressly described otherwise in our terms.
If any party becomes aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information in contravention of our policies, they should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. ACCESSING/UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
Log in to Waltzing Atoms (www.waltzingatoms.com/login) and navigate to the My Account page to view and update your information.
7. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT 3DATAX’S COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- You always have the option to refrain from using the Service or to discontinue using the Service if you do not want information collected about you.
- You can choose to use the Service in a manner that limits the data we collect. For example, in your Forum account choose not to provide a photo.
- You can access and update your information as described in the Accessing/Updating your informationg section.
- We use Google Analytics to understand how our sites are used and to improve experiences within the Service. If you want to know more about how Google Analytics works or to exercise choice in regard to the data collected by it please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-On.
- Account Deletion: Every User can request an account deletion by contacting email@example.com. Deleting your 3DataX Account does not relieve you of the obligation to pay any remaining amounts owed for your subscriptions.
We employ a variety of measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of the information we collect. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. Please note that no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
We reserve the right to change our practices and this policy at any time. We may also send an email or provide notice within some or all of our offerings when this policy changes. We encourage you to check this page regularly so that you know what our current practices are.
10. LINKS TO SITES AND SERVICE OPERATED BY OTHERS
The Service may contain links to other sites, applications and services. Because 3DataX does not operate those other sites, applications and services, we can’t take responsibility for the privacy practices of the entities that operate them. We recommend that you consistently check privacy policies to understand an operator’s practices. As a reminder this policy describes 3DataX practices.